Friday 30 April 2010

Introducing the Audio Gourmet Netlabel!

Hi, and welcome to the Audio Gourmet Netlabel. I'm Harry Towell, and for the last couple of years I have run the Audio Gourmet blog - posting reviews, mixtapes, releases and general ramblings about the music I am particularly fond of. This has of course varied over that timeframe but largely focusses around the ambient/modern classical/drone/electro-acoustic movements.
Also, I myself have produced music for both netlabels and limited edition CD labels under the guises Spheruleus, Audio Gourmet and Eyes Flutter Beneath.

I have long toyed with the idea of setting up a netlabel or label of some form and it is a direction I've always seen myself heading towards as my fondness for music intensifies with time.
So, I have set up this blog and a netlabel page on www.archive.org to showcase a collection of music released for free under the Creative Commons license.

This netlabel collection is conceptually based around mini albums, E.Ps and short pieces of sound-art that serve to exact the timespan of a standard tea break. (This in compliance with British employment law, is 15 minutes - at least, so I believe...)
On your average work tea break, this mere fifteen minutes is obviously not enough to listen to an album in full and thus this netlabel concept was born:

"A netlabel to showcase a collection of short albums and E.Ps that can be listened to in full during a standard working tea-break."

Over the forthcoming months, years, decades or however long I decide to run with the project, I hope to bring you some fine audio from a selection of top artists new and familiar.

I do need a bit of help setting up though - here are a few things I am looking for:

MUSIC
Obviously, a netlabel cannot run without contributing artists and I am sure you'd overlook an endless collection of works by my good self...so I am appealing for artists who are keen to get something together that I could consider for a release here.
I'll post up a rough guideline of what I'm after in a moment. It's likely by the time you've read this that I've got that posted- so scroll up and take a look and see whether it appeals to you.

VISUALS
I'm a sound artist and rambling non-sensical writer, not a visual artist or photographer. So, I am going to need to hear from someone in the world that would be willing to assume 'picture duty' for this. In some cases, the sound artists may wish to get something together themselves - which is fine, but for the artists lacking in graphic flair like me, we're going to need someone keen to help out. Credit will of course be given for whoever helps out - maybe we could have a few people involved in this? We'll see. Email me if you're interested: audiogourmet@gmail.com

HELP!
I am likely to need assistance and advice from people already established or in the know, since this is very much a new venture. I know how netlabels work having supported them for years - but I have of course never run one before. If anyone could lend some support and ideas, maybe get involved with the running of the netlabel - please get in touch. I'll need someone IT savvy on-board too, let me know if you can help out with this.

Anyway, I hope this venture is enjoyable and rewarding - hopefully we'll be able to turn some heads with some superb music.

Cheers,
Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment